Sylvia "America's Love Queen" Chavez
When it comes to being a successful entrepreneur, nobody wants to look like a fool. We all want to be seen as the authority in our field.
Sometimes we try so hard to look good that we forget who we are, why we do what we do, and who are we serving.
Let me show you many ways to avoid acting like a fool:
- Reaction instead of action: set your actions to achieve your vision and goals; instead of responding to an external situation or experience you had, usually impacted by a negative feedback from someone else.
- Act like a Know it all: you won’t fool anybody but yourself. Nobody likes an arrogant person….not even you.
- Fade in to Fit in: never lose your true colors trying to be somebody else. You are perfect just the way you are.
- Allowing someone else’s expectations rule your actions: this will guarantee you to lead a miserable and unhappy life. Your purpose is not to fulfill somebody else’s dreams but your own, and your own only. As Dr. Seuss said: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
- Copycats: you are an original, your own imprint, you can’t walk on somebody’s else shoes, they would never fit you and you’ll get a hell of a lot of blisters.
- Fear of looking like a fool: that would be the silliest thing to do, allowing yourself to make mistakes, to be wrong is the only way to success.
“So whatever you want to do, just do it…Making a damn fool of yourself is absolutely essential.”
The world needs your unique gift, whatever you feel passionate about, that awesome service that you, and only you can provide.
Do whatever you want, follow your heart, be authentic, BE YOU! It does not matter what other people might think, it only matters how you make them feel when you show your authentic self and you inspire them to be who they really are.
After all, this world belongs to the ones who dare to look like a fool to transform the world around them.